Mr. Philibert, one of N&ST’s Senior Security consultants, has over twenty years of experience in Electric Utility SCADA and EMS system design, commissioning, and operation. He has been involved with NERC CIP from its inception.
Mr. Philibert has led and participated in the following types of projects:
- CIP Version 5 Cyber Security Policy development
- CIP Version 5 Compliance Audit preparation and direct entity support during audits
- RSAW development
- NERC CIP compliance assessment and gap analysis
- Gap remediation and mitigation planning
- NERC CIP Compliance procedure development and program oversight
- Plant segregation studies
- Network architecture and design (CIP-005), including remote access and access control architecture
- ESP design and implementation for data centers, control centers and substations (CIP-005)
- Incident Response Team member (CIP-008)
- CIP Recovery Plan preparation, execution and status tracking (CIP-009)
- Cyber Vulnerability Assessments (CIP-010)
As a Subject Matter Expert for NERC CIP-009, Mr. Philibert presented evidence to NPCC during a compliance audit in 2011.
Some of Mr. Philibert’s recent work has involved developing practical solutions to address the complex cyber security and regulatory compliance needs for a large electric utility company. These projects involved all aspects of achieving and maintaining compliance with the NERC CIP Standards.
Earlier in Career
Prior to joining N&ST in 2013, Mr. Philibert was an Engineer and Project Manager for The New York Power Authority (NYPA), America’s largest state power organization, with 16 generating facilities and more than 1,400 circuit-miles of transmission lines. He also spent a year working on the design of a Network Fault Management system for New York City’s Public Safety 911 Call system.
Mr. Philibert received a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology from New Jersey Institute of Technology, is a Licensed Professional Engineer in New York State, and currently holds Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from Project Management Institute. Mr. Philibert is from the Greater New York City area, and resides in New Jersey.